Join the OOFRAS chat on Twitter each month for a learning exchange.
The purpose is to develop the knowledge and networks you need to provide safe and ethical occupational therapy services with people displaced by war and persecution.
Next #OOFRASchat Monday, 1 April 2019 Check start time in your timezone
Occupational Dimensions of Integration for Host and Displaced Communities
- What is integration?
- What are the occupational dimensions of integration?
- What enables integration for host communities?
- What enables integration for displaced people?
- What can occupational therapy practice contribute?
- 6 May 2019: Topic to be confirmed – do you have topic request? Tweet or Email!
- 3 June 2019: Topic to be confirmed – do you have topic request? Tweet or Email!
- 1 July 2019: Topic to be confirmed – do you have topic request? Tweet or Email!
Participating is easy
Add #OOFRASchat into your Tweets on the 1st Monday each month at 8:00 pm (+11 AEDT) and start by saying hello to @OOFRAS.
Add #OOFRASchat into the Twitter search bar to see the latest conversations.
Go ahead, ask questions, share information or links about the practice topic. Just don’t forget to add #OOFRASchat to each Tweet!
(If you’ll be asleep or at work, use Tweetdeck to schedule a Tweet. Others will respond and you can continue the chat later)
Do you need a record of professional development to maintain registration standards? Use the template provided by your regulatory body to record your reflections and learning outcomes and download the transcript as supporting evidence.
There is guidance on navigating the blurry line between work and personal life issued by regulatory bodies and professional associations. Basically, we maintain the same standard of professionalism and ethics online, as we do offline.
Previous #OOFRASchat Topics
- Networking – the ‘Who’s Working Where’ project
- New year, new direction – how to prepare for work with refugees?
- Language matters – how to work with interpreters?
- Disability – how does it intersect with displacement?