Join the OOFRAS chat on Twitter each month for a learning exchange.
The purpose is to develop the knowledge and networks you need to provide safe and ethical occupational therapy services with people displaced by war and persecution.
- 7 January 2019: New year, new direction – how to prepare for work with refugees?
- 4 February 2019: Topic to be confirmed – do you have topic request? Get in touch!
- 4 March 2019: Topic to be confirmed – do you have topic request? Get in touch!
Participating is easy
Add #OOFRASchat into your Tweets on the 1st Monday each month at 8:00 pm (+11 AEDT).
Go ahead, ask questions, share information or links about the practice topic. Just don’t forget to add #OOFRASchat to each Tweet!
Do you need a record of professional development to maintain registration standards? Use the template provided by your regulatory body to record your reflections and learning outcomes and download the transcript as supporting evidence.
There is guidance on navigating the blurry line between work and personal life issued by regulatory bodies and professional associations. Basically, we maintain the same standard of professionalism and ethics online, as we do offline.
Next #OOFRASchat Monday, 7 January 2019
New year, new direction – how to prepare for work with refugees?
So you want to work with refugees. Maybe in the distant future, maybe you’re preparing now, or maybe you have a job application on the go.
Perhaps you’re wondering whether you want to be involved with refugees using your career, or your role as a citizen.
This is a chance to share your career management learnings and reflections with peers!
- What personal factors might you consider when preparing for work with refugees?
- How can you build understanding your potential practice context?
- What kind of information would you need to find out about displaced populations in your potential practice context?
- What professional considerations might you consider in planning?
- How can you use the profession and the existing workforce working with refugees in your preparation?
Previous #OOFRASchat Topics
- 3 December 2018: Language matters – how to work with interpreters?
- 5 November 2018: Disability – how does it intersect with displacement?